The ANCSA Regional Association has issued "Transformations," its ninth economic report on the economic impact of Alaska's 12 regional corporations for 2008. In a presentation today to the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, Will Anderson, Jr., President of the ANCSA Regional Association and President and CEO of Koniag, Inc., noted that with many different fiscal year-ends among the regional corporations, 2008 data is the most current available. The report highlights the combined financial performance of the regional corporations:
- Revenues totaled $6.89 billion, an increase of 17% over 2007
- Total corporate assets were $4.61 billion, an increase of 5%
- Total worldwide employment was 35,430, an increase of 15%
- Total dividend payments were $171 million, an increase of 39%
- Alaska employment was 13,848, and Alaska payroll was $774 million
ANCSA regional corporations have the top 5 spots in Alaska Business Monthly's list of Alaska's Top 49 Alaskan-owned businesses, and all 12 regional corporations appear on the list, along with several village corporations. View the full report here.